Educational Technology Conferences
- The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) hosts its Annual Conference & Expositioneach June. Because if its depth and breadth, this is probably the best Ed Tech conference available.
- ISTE also hosts a Leadership Conference in November.
- The Swiss Group of International Schools (SGIS) frequently organizes sessions on learning with technology as well as coordinating professional development groups.
- The European Council of International Schools (ECIS) hosts their large general-audience & educators conference each November and the ICT Conference each Spring.
- The International Conference on Teaching and Learning with Technology, iCTLT takes place yearly in March in Singapore.
- The semi-yearly (every other year) ASB Un-Plugged is structured to engage in developing and articulating a vision for a 1-to-1 learning environment. Takes place in Bombay (Mumbai) in February.
- EdTechTeacher has a very thorough collection of Summer Teaching With Technology Workshops at Harvard University. Courses are geared toward subject matter (English, Physics, History, Teaching Teachers, Elementary grades and many others)
- The American School of Bombay’s PD offerings ASB Online Academy
- Online Digital Literacy & IT Skills Training Courses and Certification ALISON
- ISTE online courses geared primarily toward embedding IT skills within content courses: Online Professional Development
- ISTE and Johns Hopkins University offer an 18-credit online Graduate Certificate in School Administration and Supervision. This is for those of you who are really (really) serious about getting geared up.
- The week-long Jefferson Overseas Schools Technology Institute (JOSTI) takes place in June at the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology.
Blogs and Sites in French
- Surfer Prudent: L’association suisse, Action Innocence, a lancé le site SurferPrudent dont l’objectif est d’informer les jeunes sur les aspects positifs et négatifs de la navigation en ligne.
- Les normes nationales des technologies éducatives et les indicateurs de performance pour les élèves (NETS•S)
- Éduscol: Portail national des profesionnels de l’éducation– Ministère de l’éducation nationale, de la jeunesse et de la vie associative (France)
- Le Centre national français d’enseignement à distance (CNED) propose un site très performant pour soutenir l’apprentissage de l’anglais langue seconde. Ce site est riche en ressources actuelles classées selon le niveau de l’apprenant.
Blogs and Sites in English
- Our own SGIS group of educators concerned with IT and : SGIS Learning Forum
- ECIS ICT Committee eNews. IT Updates, ideas, musings and news for the ECIS IT Community
- ECIS ICT/Multimedia/Online Learning iSkoodle site for the ECIS ICT Committee
- ISTE NETS – The standards for learning, leading, and teaching in the digital age.
- A Few Resources to Help Implement the NETS Student Standards
- ISTE Community International Schools SIG Ning
- ISTE Independent Schools Special Interest Group Wiki
- ISTE International Schools Special Interest Group Wiki
- Tech Directors and tech staff in International Schools Ning
- The Wizards List – an email list for IT Directors and Coordinators mostly working at schools in the North East of the US.
- EDUCAUSE: a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology.
- Good and deep tips and techniques for Macintosh maintenance: MacFixIt
- Tracking the Educational Technology industry – a blog by ZDNet
- Archives of the Flagship publication from ISTE, Leading & Learning
- TechTails is a general Mac usage blog from Small Dog Electronics
- Transforming Student Learning with Technology. A Blog from EdTechTeacher
- A collection of resources involving plagiarism: